Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nice Early Christmas Present

I was completely taken by surprise this evening when I received an email stating my acceptance to Wisconsin-Madison's PhD program in chemistry. They're ranked 7th in chemistry nationally and 8th in organic. The only schools I applied to ranked more highly are Harvard and MIT, though Columbia is pretty comparable, not that these rankings really matter. Still, thrilled to be accepted to such a prestigious program and optimistic about the other schools I applied to. Madison is supposed to be a great town with terrible weather. The other major drawback is that I have no friends there.

Not that I take these coincidences too seriously, but I note that 3 of the 5 officers of their graduate Intervarsity organization are chemistry PhD students. Guess I'd be in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment