Monday, March 29, 2010

The 5 or 6 Year Plan

Well folks, it's been awhile. In case you haven't learned from one of many emails or facebook posts, I'm headed to Madison, WI for grad school. The department is great and even seems great, the town specializes in food, microbreweries, cycling and ultimate, and the stipend is enough for me to establish complete financial independence. East Coast, I love you, and you will still be there when I have letters after my name. Orientation begins August 18th, so I have a worst-case move-out date of August 17th. The goal is to make enough money in the next few months to: pay off the rest of my car, continue paying student loans, purchase a new laptop and furnish an apartment, and to make it quickly enough that I can do some low-expense domestic traveling mid-summer.

Purgatory sucks. I'm planning a screed about my employer when my time is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment